Re: Using LILO to boot Linux/Win98

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 15:14, Tom Massey wrote:
> * Anand Parikh <anand_a_parikh@yahoo.com> [2002-09-26 22:49]:
> > Next I set up the Linux HD as A (active) and Win98 HD as B (standby).
> > I can boot up with Linux, but with Win98 the system just hangs, no error
> > messages. How can I fix this problem?
>
> I think you'll find that Windows needs to be on the first drive. It's
> a bit fussy about where it's installed. Try switching the drives and
> it should work OK. Install LILO to the MBR of /dev/hda - the Windows
> disk.

i have had the same problem and my solution was GRUB - the "new"
bootloader. basically the problem is that windows has to really on the
first disk. or at least lilo is not capable of booting from the second
disk.

my grub config was to switch the disks "logically" before booting
windows. here is my menue.lst for grub:

-----------------------------
timeout 30
default 0