disable Screen saver

I am running Debian unstable. The UI is handled by a mix of Gnome 1.4
and wmaker.

My screen gets black if I don't touch the mouse for a while. This
prevents me from looking at DVDs on my laptop.
I tried to find a screen saver installed on my machine but couldn't find
any.

Some of the things I tried:
'dpkg -l | grep -i saver' returns nothing
'locate saver' nothing as well
'apropos saver' only returns beforelight but this one is not running.
searched the /etc/X11 files without luck

Is there a default screen saver hidden somewhere I have to turn off?

Cheers

jerome