Re: CUPS configuration

On Thursday 26 September 2002 4:12 am, christophe barbé wrote:

> > Is there something you don't like about http://localhost:631/ as a
> > means of configuring cups on the cups server?
>
> Yes. Guessing the uri.
> As far as I know it's possible to detect available network printers and
> I am looking for a tool that find them and propose me to add them in my
> cups settings without asking me obscure questions.
> Today I was able to guess the correct syntax for one printer but it's
> more luck than anything.

You have to configure printers that are not controlled by CUPS on other
systems, but one you do, CUPS will detect other CUPS and find the printers
for you.  I use KDE and when I print anything it just gives me a list of
printers to choose from..

The admin manual shows up to set up printers (with the URI) on the lp port of
using Windows networking.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk