Re: Iomega Zip 100 USB drive....howto use/active it?

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:12:55 -0400 (EDT) Walter Tautz
<wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> presumably some relevent usb modules need to be loaded:
> currently:
(snip)

Not sure about the Zip drive in particular, but for other USB storage
devices, I've needed to load the following:

usb-storage
sd_mod
sr_mod

> How does one create a file system on disk? Does it make sense to mount
> stuff? What /dev/ file is used?

If it operates like other USB storage devices, it will register as one of
the /dev/sdX devices.  My devices normally spit some information into
dmesg once their recognized regarding what device they are registered as.

--
Jamin W. Collins