Re: CUPS configuration

christophe barbé wrote:
Hi,

Is there a tool to configure printers in cups.
I know about kups but this tool is not in the debian archive and I would
prefer stay without kde libs.

Ideally I would like a tool detecting available printers on the intranet
(like kups do).

Otherwise what is the best way to find and/or configure printers with
cups?

NOTE: I know about gtklp but this tool only use cups when printers are
configured.

Thanks,
Christophe

I have found the "Printing Manager" under the KDE --> Control Center --> System menu to be pretty good. In order to use this on CUPS effectively, you should install the kdelibs3-cups package. This has made it quite easy for me to configure and re-configure my printer. It has a neat wizzard that leads you through the config steps and allows you to test the setup before final exit.

BTW, this is all on CUPS and KDE from Debian stable and/or testing. Dunno what is or isn't available in "unstable".

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-