Re: Alias for loopback interface in /etc/network/interfaces?

Once upon a time Morten Bo Johansen said...
> Hi,
>
> If I wanted to create an alias for the loopback interface in
> /etc/network/interfaces corresponding to e.g.
>
>    # ifconfig lo:0 192.168.1.1
>
> then how should the entry look like?

Here's a section from my /etc/network/interfaces file:

#
# Loopback interfaces.
#
# We define the standard lo loopback interface as well as two aliases
# on it (lo:1 and lo:2). These interfaces are used to run private DNS
# servers (lo:1 for private root DNS servers and lo:2 for private non-
# root DNS servers). This use of private DNS server IP addresses is
# documented at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/faq/cachex.html .

auto lo lo:1 lo:2

iface lo inet loopback

iface lo:1 inet static