exim, spamassassin as gateway

Hello all,

I've successfully setup exim and spamassassin on a Debian Woody x86 to
scan all incoming mail (which is delivered locally, eventually to a
mailing list server).

I am now trying to configure a new Debian Woody x86 to be an email
gateway.  It will have the lowest MX on the domain, and all incoming
mail will be routed through this box.  In exim, I added the following
lines into the top of the routers configuration:

#### Router Section ####
# Jeremy added this in

spamcheck_director:
  condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} } {1}{0}}"
  driver = lookuphost
  transport = spamcheck

And then I added the following to the top of the transport section:

#### Transport Section ####
# Spamassassin Transport
spamcheck:
  driver = pipe
  command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
  transport_filter = "/usr/bin/spamc"
  bsmtp = all

  home_directory = "/tmp"
  current_directory = "/tmp"
  user = mail
  group = mail
  return_path_add = false
  log_output = true
  return_fail_output = true
  #prefix =
  #suffix =

When email goes through exim to a non-local destination, it is scanned
properly, but there is a break in the email header:

#### Begin Email ####