Re: nvidia screen resolution

Lance Hoffmeyer <lance@augustmail.com> [2002-09-24 01:17:58 -0500]:
> I just install a Elsa Gladiac MX on my system.
> I have the nvidia card working but I cannot get
> any resolution other than 640x480?

> 	Driver      "nvidia"

You were able to install the nVidia propietary driver "nvidia" instead
of using the "nv" driver.

>         DefaultDepth 16
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth     16
>                 Modes "1024x768"
> 	EndSubSection

You included a configuration which only has 1024x768 but you say you
cannot get anything other than 640x480 to work.  I will assume this is
the file that does not work?

In any case, try setting the default depth to 24, change both 16s in
the above to 24 and delete the other section 24 that was also there.
I don't know which depths the nvidia driver supports.  But I had tried
to make it work with 8 (don't ask why, long story) and could only get
a limited set of resolutions to function with certain depths.

This is probably a red herring for you but worth a shot in the off
chance that is it.

Bob