Re: IP Traffic accounting on a LAN

Thanks nate,

Re: the traffic monitors (MRTG and ipfm) --- they look good, plus I've
found a couple of other nice ones (iptraf and ipac-ng) so I'm happy
with that side of things.  Unfortunately, most of my usage is going to
come from web and mail, and that's why I really need to get something
sorted out for Squid and Exim.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 07:33:25PM -0700, nate wrote:
> there may be a more robust log processing package for squid here:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

There are lots there unfortunately the only one that seems to do what I
want (SARG) has scant documentation and I'm a bit hesitant about
charging people money based on output that I don't really understand.  I
might just have to persevere, do my own testing on it and figure out how
it works.

> (though I run squid, I have never looked into what your trying)

Looks like not many people have :)

Any ideas for Exim?  I've looked thoroughly through the docs for
'eximstats' (of which there's pretty much just a man page) and there
doesn't seem to be a way of filtering out information about mail that
hasn't left my local LAN... frustrating... as far as I can tell there's
no other software out there for parsing exim logs... anyone know if
there are any for other MTA's (like sendmail) that can do what I need
and are compatible?

Regards,

Lucas