logitech cordless keyboard loosing contact / Detecting Turbo-Button

Hi List,

still I'm no subscribed member ;) so please cc directly to me.

My ( non-optical ) remote keyboard and mouse eventually both loose contact to
the receiver when I switch from text-console to X with ctrl-alt-F7.

It's a serial logitech cordless wheel mouse . In XF86Config, it's configured
imps2 to /dev/psaux. On the belonging logitech 'iTouch' keyboard is a
time-stamp from Jan 2000.
The 3 devices are placed alright at the right distances from each other and
electric fields, according to the manual.

There are 'rescan'-buttons on all 3, but that did work only in a very few
cases.

It's on Woody with Kernel 2.4.17. The problem also occured with Kernel 2.2.19.

I can't reproduce this easily. It occurs rather seldom. Until now, I can't
say if it depends on gpm beeing acitve. I start gpm only automatically
together with mc on root-login-shells which I do very often, and
unfortunately I could not  remember exactly.
gpm is listening to /dev/gpmconsole which is a symlink from /dev/psaux.

I've got no possibility to enter the system through a lan or wan. No
laptop at hand. But I don't want to relie on a hardware-reset.

I remember there should be a way to detect the 'Turbo'-Button at the front of
my old tower....perhaps i can write a 'damon' executing a script when this
button is switched. I hope it will be enough just turning back to
text-console.
My net-search for something like 'detecting turbo-button under linux' failed,
but I don't know the right keywords at all. Could somebody tell me a helpful
link, or some appropriate keywords ?

TIA,

--
Michl.