Exim - DNS problem

I'm having an annoying problem with exim every time "exim -q" is run by cron.
Exim then causes two DNS query's to my local nameserver, namely for:
- galadriel.fjphome.nl (the correct fully quallified name)
- galadriel (unqualified!)

The first query gets solved by my DNS, but the second does not and so
sometimes this query gets forwarded to the internet which causes a dial-out
(which I don't want as my phone bill is high enough as it is;-).

The box causing the problem is Woody with IPv6 enabled and a default exim
setup for "Local delivery only" (option 4 in eximconfig).
My nameserver is bind on a Potato box (not yet upgraded).

Questions
- Why does Exim request the unqualified name after the fully qualified name
has been resolved?
- Can I stop Exim from making the unqualified request?
- Can I make my nameserver resolve the unqualified request?

TIA