Re: List replies (was Re: cdrecord -scanbus examples, please.)

On Monday 23 September 2002 08:37, Jamin W.Collins wrote:

> There are at least two major factions of thought on how a mailing list
> should be set up.  One suggests that lists should munge their headers so
> be updated.  Personally I prefer the later and have previously notified
> the Sylpheed author of it's deficiency in this regard.  I even provided a
> patch to provide list reply functionality.  Unfortunately, based on the
> configuration of the Sylpheed list, the author appears to favor list
> munging and has not included the patch.

Or you go the kmail route.  Each of my mailing lists go to a folder.  The
folder has an option 'this folder contains a mailing list' and I set the
mailing lists address.  Then i hit list-reply and it uses that address and
only that address when it sends the mail.  Simple, elegant and 100% avoids
the wars over headers.

If the sylpheed author won't accept that option either then people should stop
supporting a project which does not support them.