dialup mail with gnus

Hello List,

I followed the threading about mail-reader some time ago.
I was interested to console-mail in addition to kmail, which I may possibly
ditch in future.
I relay on a dialup-ppp.
As a consequence of what I've read, I now use wvdial -> fetchmail -> gnus for
reading.
Now i wonder how to send dialup-mails properly. Exim ( actually running )
seems not to be appropriate, according to it's philosophy. I would like to
have something like 'dialup and send remote-mails in ( remote-? - ) que'
on a keystroke from inside gnus.
Which MTA would be useful ? Would it be easier to invoke a little script
instead ?
Please cc to me directly, since I'm not on the list at moment...

TIA,
--
Michael.