Re: Debian and APM

On Friday 12 July 2002 14:05, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 11/07/02 Raffaele Sandrini did speaketh:
> > Hi
> >
> > How can i configure my system to do basic APM things like suspend the
> > screen after 10 min and the HDD after 20 min etc.
> >
> > Naturally APM has to be enabled in the kernel :-)
>
>     apt-get install powermgmt-base hdparm
>     man apm
>     man hdparm
>
>     Mike

I was interested in this also (suspending the screen after a period of time,
etc.) and found the quoted email in a search of the archives.  I did the
apt-get install, but am having difficulty finding documentation on how to
configure it.  I've searched in Google, newbie websites, reference manuals,
but am getting nowhere.

I have a suspicion that the answer is so obvious that there is no need to
document it. (Like:  check the man page!)  But so far I'm drawing a blank.
Help!

Thanks,
Peter Christensen