Re: ide-scsi

On Friday 20 September 2002 9:09 pm, Michael Olds wrote:
> Alan, try
>
> rmmod [option] modules

Yes I know I can do that - I was looking for where ide-scsi gets loaded during
the boot sequence

> Can you tell us what message you are getting that makes you think this is
> loaded or interfering with what you want to do?

Not sure what you mean - I know ide-scsi is loaded because the lsmod command
tells me it is!

As for what it does ....

If I do

mplayer -dvd 1

with ide-scsi loaded I get the following error during mplayer startup

Playing DVD title 1
libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure DVD ioctls
were compiled in
libdvdcss error: css test failed
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading.
Couldn't open DVD device: /dev/dvd

without ide-scsi loaded the same  command (mplayer -dvd 1) works perfectly and
plays my dvd

(for info /dev/dvd is just a simlink to /dev/hdd - which is where my ide dvd
drive is installed).

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk