Re: modprobe can't locate /dev/lp1 ..

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 12:04:23AM -0500, John Manko wrote:
| If the kernel autoloader for modules is set to yes, and I compile IDE
| and IDE-SCSI as modules, will the autoloader load IDE or IDE-SCSI on
| boot.  That is, if nothing is specified in /etc/modules.conf
|
| I'm thinking I have to explicitly tell the kernel to use IDE-SCSI, correct?
|
| John

Here's what I have. I created the file /etc/modutils/scsi and ran
"update-modules". I am assuming you need it for the CD-R or CD-RW. My
CD-R is on /dev/hda. I set this up a long time ago in Sid, but it still
works.

#Modular dependencies for enabling the cdr
options ide-cd ignore=hda 	# tell the ide-cd module to ignore hda
alias scd0 sr_mod		# load sr_mod upon access of scd0
pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi #load ide-scsi before sr_mod
#pre-install sg modprobe ide-scsi #load ide-scsi before sg
pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd #load ide-cd before ide-scsi

-Andy