Re: set_rtc_mmss

This one time, at band camp, Paul Yeatman said:
> Hi, very recently, I started getting system messages such as
> "kernel: set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 50 to 4".  Where would
> one look to find the meaning of such a kernel error message (and,
> of course, if anyone knows the meaning of this right off, I'd love to
> hear it).  Thanks, Paul.
>
> --
> Paul Yeatman          (858) 534-9896           pyeatman@ucsd.edu

http://www.google.com/search?q=kernel%3A+set_rtc_mmss%3A

returned some hits, and it looks like ntp is having trouble updating
your Real Time Clock (rtc).

http://www.cmbi.kun.nl/gv/past/johnny/linux-smp.html

Discusses this error message, but it is specifically about SMP (dual
processor) boxen, so I don't know if this applies to you.

HTH,
Steve
--
Using TSO is like kicking a dead whale down the beach.
		-- S.C. Johnson