Re: Kernel Modules

Bob Underwood wrote:

Hi all,

I've asked related questions in the past without success. So, I'll try one more time. I'm just looking for a pointer to the correct place to resolve the difficulty.

I'm using the XFree86 experimental 4.2.1-0pre1v1 debs because my rage pro 128 is not supported by previous editions. DRI will not enable because it needs a newer version of the r128.o module than is in the kernel. The log says it needs version 2.2 or higher and 2.1.16 is in the kernel. I'm using kernel-image-2.4.19-k7.

My questions:

How are kernel modules numbered? Apparently they do not reflect the kernel-numbering system?

Since I am using the latest stable kernel where do I go to find a newer kernel module?

Look at http://dri.sourceforge.net/

Volker