Re: Woody: What's the proper name of the C++ lib?

Hi Colin!

Thanks for your quick reply!

Some further info on this topic: I was able to build the same app
successfully on a SuSE 7.0 system (glibc 2.1.3 based) with the following
version of ld:

GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.24)

So it *seems* to me it's really a Debian Woody specific ld bug.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> [...]
> I'd file a bug with a test case.

Surely the best way to go, but it's kind of hard for me to figure out what
caused this linker error. What's a possible way to find out what caused
this problem (especially when taking into account that this is a larger
project)? (This approach is probably required for creating a test case
that triggers this error.)

Any other alternatives (such as using a different version of ld, or the
binutils package, respectively)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind regards,

	Holger