Just a tip for you zip100 users

I've been running RedHat for a few years now, but decided to change to Debian
to test myself, :).  And I've been learning a lot.

I decided to backup to my zip some code I was working on.

However, after the "conversion", I couldnt mount the zip under debian, and it was killing me.
Until I took a very close look at dmesg....

# dmesg | more

hdc: Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 8200, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
hdc: ATAPI 24X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, DMA
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
ide-floppy driver 0.97.sv
hdd: 98304kB, 196608 blocks, 512 sector size
hdd: 98304kB, 96/64/32 CHS, 4096 kBps, 512 sector size, 2941 rpm
Partition check:
hdd: hdd4

Do you notice that the zip (hdd) drive is actually partitioned (hdd4)? so, instead of mounting

# mount /dev/hdd /mnt/zip -t vfat

I have to

# mount /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip -t vfat

It took me a while to realize this, and quite a pain in the ass.....

I hope this helps everyone (yes, I should be loading IDE-SCSI, but not needed yet, :)
And remember, it's not also the best thing to have the installer
blindly take care of things, :)

Now, maybe someone can help me get Abiword to run, hehe.

John Manko