Re: Video window still dark....

Pierre Dupuis said:
> Good evening everyone :)
>
> Sorry to disturb you, but my problem is really annoying..
>
> When i want to play avi, mpeg, qt or rm with xine, aviplay or some other
> view vid soft.....the soft detect the size of th vid (the display window
> adapt itself to the vid size) but the display window is dark, i've got
> sound but no movie :,(
>
> I have dl win32 codec and placed them into /usr/lib/win32 but it change
> nothing !!!

in xine try changing the video display mode. sounds like you either
do not have Xvideo enabled on the Xserver or your driver does not support
Xvideo(or maybe it doesn't support it at the particular color depth your
at, which is the case for my Thinkpad T20).

  -V, --video-driver <drv>     Select video driver by id. Available drivers:
                               Xv SyncFB XShm

so try xine -V Xshm or xine -V SyncFB and see what happens, if still
no video shows .......I'm not sure. note that video will play SIGNIFICANTLY
slower with the other modes as much as 10 times slower(or require 10 times
more CPU to play at the same speed) compared to Xv(Xvideo)

I'm not sure if your other players support non-Xv enviornments.

nate