Re: Woody: pthread_rwlock_t error

Hi Colin!

Thanks a lot for this really quick reply!

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> [...]
>   #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
>
> ... at the top of your file to access it. See 'info libc "Feature Test
> Macros"'.

I followed your advice and read the section you mentioned. I found out
that simply specifying -D_GNU_SOURCE in my Makefile solved the problem
,-). I also encountered that there seems to be a difference between the
documented _XOPEN_SOURCE option you mentioned and _X_OPEN_SOURCE (not
documented; with an "_" in between the X and the O). One part of my
project needed the version with the "_", the other part the version
without. Strange. What's the difference between the two?

But, as already mentioned, _GNU_SOURCE works fine!

Thanks a lot for your info!

Kind regards,

	Holger