Server

Hi all
Since our in our company we have all our correspondence and developement files
locally on the workstations and the only access other workers have to those
files is MSfilesharing (yuck...puke...) i am thinking of setting up a debian
server primarily used for Fileserver(samba)/databaseserver(mysql) and
eventually printserver(cups), webserver(apache).
I even thought of giving fish access to the boss  :-).

Here the specs of the machine im thinking of buying for that (own assembly
cause a proprietary server (IBM, HP...) is pretty expensive):

1x MBP TYAN TIGER MP/S2460/Dual SKTA/ATX AMD-760MP Chip

2x AMD ATHLON K7 MP+ 1900 Sockel-A

1x ADVANCE 2941U BUSINESS KIT scsi controler

2x IBM UltraStar IC35L018 UW-SCSI 18.2GB 10000u/min

1x GEH ATX SERVERTOWER 350Watt ZH-911-350

1x (B) NE2000 100MBit RJ45 PCI

256 to 512 MB of RAM

+ Tape streamer

(Costs all together about a quarter of a equal proprietary server pheeew!)

Now my question is if someone knows a good and possibly easy :-) way of
setting up mirroring of the disks and setting up a backup job to tape every
night if you know any URL`s and tutorials (i've never set it up before,
though i know pretty well how to handle debian machines so it should be
debian specific info's)
I would be very pleased.
Best regards and ... ah ja before i forget ... debian ROCKS!!!
:-)
Thx
Florian