Re: apt-get problems,...

This one time, at band camp, david wright said:

> I'm new to Debian and not very familiar with apt-get. I installed via
> burning a minimal .iso at Lord Sutch. Installation went very smooth.
> My only 'issue' now is i have a very min. system and need to add
> packages. Here is my (original, after the .iso install)
> /etc/apt/sources.conf file.

You were close - try these:

# Stable
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

# Security updates
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

You can presumably dump the CD line (comment it out), unless you have a
slow net connection and still want to install from it, but I prefer to
get updates versions from the servers.

HTH,
Steve
--
"355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!"