Re: Partition Scheme

On Monday 16 September 2002 6:49 pm, David Sanders wrote:
> I am installing Debian 3.0 Woody on a new machine with a 80GB hard drive
> and 512MB of RAM.  It will be used as a workstation.  I have read the
> installation manual, but still have questions about partitioning the disk.
> Minimum values are usually given, but no discussion of max or optimal
> sizes. The following are given in
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-partitioning.en.html
> /   100MB
> /usr 500MB
> /home 100MB per user
> /var 300-500MB
> /tmp 20-50MB
>
> What would be the appropriate and desirable scheme for an 80GB disk?
>
> David

David

Here is the output from my system...

du -h --max-depth=1
2.9M    ./bin
0       ./dev
16M     ./etc
25M     ./lib
1.5k    ./mnt
41M     ./opt
674k    ./tmp
49M     ./var
369M    ./usr
3.0M    ./boot
17M     ./home
du: cannot change to directory `./proc/1217/fd': No such file or directory
du: `./proc/1542/fd/5': No such file or directory
2.0k    ./proc
4.9M    ./sbin
21M     ./root
4.5k    ./lindowsos_data