Re: Dynamic MMap once again

martin f krafft, on Wednesday, Sep 11, 2002 at 18:21, commented:
> i've increased APT::Cache-Limits to 67108864 (64Mb) in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf, but I am seeing
>
>   Reading Package Lists... Error!
>   E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
>   E: Error occured while processing libltdl3 (NewFileVer1)
>   E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
>   E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

> there's something wrong, isn't there. just: what?

It's APT::Cache-Limit (without the final s)

Last dselect update brings me the same problem, and immediatly searched
the list and applied this same solution given by Matthias Szupryczynski,
but solved nothing, until I found the misspelling while reading the
apt-get manpage (you have read it, you don't? ;)

Setting «APT::Cache-Limit 20000000;» in /etc/apt/apt.conf solved the
problem.

The ugly thing is that the wrong syntax is happily accepted without any
warning :(