Re: Newbie: Installing IMAP using apt-get

Max Swift said:
> Hi Folks
>
> Just trying to install an Imap server on Debian Woody
> using apt-get but I do not know what the name of the
> package is.
>
> I've also had a look on the debian site but it was not
> much help using the package locator.

bash-2.05a$ apt-cache search imapd
cyrus-common - CMU Cyrus mail system (common files)
cyrus-imapd - CMU Cyrus mail system (IMAP support)
teapop - Powerful and flexible RFC-compliant POP3 server
teapop-mysql - Powerful and flexible RFC-compliant POP3 server
teapop-pgsql - Powerful and flexible RFC-compliant POP3 server
uw-imapd - remote mail folder access server
uw-imapd-ssl - remote mail folder access server

there is also the courier series:
courier-authdaemon - Courier Mail Server authentication daemon
courier-authmysql - MySQL Authentication for Courier Mail Server
courier-base - Courier Mail Server Base System
courier-debug - Debugging Tools for Courier Mail Server
courier-doc - Documentation for the Courier Mail Server
courier-imap - IMAP daemon with PAM and Maildir support
courier-ldap - LDAP support for Courier Mail Server
courier-maildrop - Mail delivery agent with filtering abilities
courier-mlm - Courier Mail Server mailing list manager
courier-mta - Mail Transport Agent of the Courier Mail Server
courier-pcp - Courier PCP server
courier-pop - POP3 daemon with PAM and Maildir support
courier-webadmin - Web-based administration tool for the Courier Mail Server

I have the most experience with cyrus and reccomend it, although
it can be rather complicated to setup depending on your MTA

nate