Re: connect 2 computers with USB

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 01:38, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
>
> > Go get a couple cheap network cards and a four-port ethernet hub. It's
> > easier and cheaper.
>
> No need for a hub, when it's only 2 computers for the foreseeable
> future. Get a crossover ethernet cable instead.

Is there a quick HOWTO somewhere on configuring the networks for that?
(e.g. /etc/network/interfaces entries)

It would be nice if there a Debian command :

$ /etc/init.d/networking crossover

such that I could take my DSL network down, hook in my crossover cable
instead to connect my potable, and run that command to have it
connected.

Peter