Gnucash with PostgreSQL?

Is it possible to use the Woody Gnucash package with PosgreSQL?

There's nothing I can find by running the program or looking through the manual that indicates how I would do this.

Apparently it is not too hard to add PostgreSQL support to Gnucash, as mentioned in this mailing list message:

http://www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-February/005644.html

The message says that the gnucash executable is unchanged, one just needs an extra shared library. Is that shared library available in Woody? How about testing or unstable?

I'd like to switch from Quicken and QuickBooks to Gnucash, but I'd really like to be storing my data in a robust database, as well as having the multiuser access that PostgreSQL storage offers.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford