Re: missing modversions.h

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 16:08, Srinivas Nyayapati wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get my network card working, which stopped working since
> I upgraded my kernel from
> 2.2.20 to a 2.4.18. I have a Intel 82558 network card. I downloaded the
> necessary files for putting in a new module for my card.
> I got eepro100.c, pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h and kern_compat.h.
>
> I am compilling eepro100.c by
> % gcc -DMODULE -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c eepro100.c
> eepro100.c:100: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory

AFAIK, this file is autogenerated. You need to configure your kernel and
you need to run 'make dep' before trying to compile the module.

PS: Please, no HTML mails. See http://www.expita.com/nomime.html.

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )