Is Rsync able to cache filelists?

Hi

I'm running an rsync server here (rsync in deamon (inetd) mode). Everytime i
connect with a client it creates a filelist. My Rsync server is an older
machine so this process takes a major part of the whole transmission time. Is
there a way to get the server to store the filelist in a kind of a cache? So
that only the client has to figure out wich files it needs and the server can
use its cache.

cheers,
Raffaele

http://www.gmx.net