Re: PHP + apache + mm problems AGAIN

> this seems to be a common issue, but I get
> PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm module
> in
> Unknown on line 0
> when I try to start apache with php4_module.
>
> The usual recommendations,
>   1) remove /tmp/session_mm.sem or give access
> permission to the user running php4,

Problem solved.
I straced apache and found out, that it needs rights
for the directory /tmp/php/ and for the file
session_mm_apache0.sem in it (probably a default
ini-setting somewhere, didn't care to find out that).

So, in order to solve the issue, you have to
# mkdir /tmp/php
# touch /tmp/php/session_mm_apache0.sem (redundant?)
# chown -R www-data. /tmp/php
# /etc/init.d/apache restart

Regards,
Skrjabin