Re: amavis-postfix broken?

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 03:58, Teun Vink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded amavis-postfix on my sid box, but it crashes horribly:
>

> Setting up amavis-postfix (20020517-16) ...
> adduser: Warning: The home dir you specified already exists.
> Adding system user amavis...
> Adding new user amavis (105) with group nogroup.
> Not creating home directory.
> Starting amavisd: Insecure dependency in rename while running with -T
> switch at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 696.
> dpkg: error processing amavis-postfix (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  amavis-postfix
>

> What I do not understand is what the relationship is between
> amavis-postfix and spamassassin.pm (which seems to cause the problem),
> and how to fix this. I searched the amavis-postfix config for any
> references to spamassassin, but none were found.
>
> Is this a bug in amavis-postfix, or is something wrong in my setup? I
> purged amavis-postfix and reinstalled it so I would be using the default
> config files instead of my own, but no luck...
>

> TIA,
>

> Teun
>

> --

There was a similar problem with amavis-exim as well - I'd say that
there is a reason they are in unstable - bug reports, if they haven't
already been filed, are probably appropriate.

That isn't as bad as the problem with blackhole-*, however. The
executable is /usr/bin/blackhole, except that there is also a
/usr/bin/blackhole in the package 'xjokes', which I suspect is *not* the
same executable ;)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org