wget's Great; Is there a wput?

I need to upload a 700MB file to a remote Debian machine, and the network is "iffy" between here and there. Is there a counterpart to wget that will push a file and keep trying until all the pieces arrive?

The remote machine has sshd running (so I can ssh and sftp in); I've tried to sftp the file up, but the connection keeps dropping. I can't sftp/ssh the other way, to this machine, so I can't use wget from that machine to pull it from this one; I need to "wput" it from this one to the remote machine.

Thanks!

Kent