RE: Local address lookup

Hi Jan,

I'll assume that you have the default gateway setup and a static route to
your local net.  Check /etc/nsswitch.conf to insure that you have the entry:

hosts: files dns

Also, for hosts on the same network, you don't have to specify domain names.
So your entries should look like this /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.2.2     saturn
192.168.2.1     jupiter

Hope this helps.  -mk