RE: quickcam

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 04:10, jfcarvajal wrote:

> >>Can you define "for a while" and "a little longer"? Are these 1 hour, 10
> >> minutes, 5 seconds at maybe four frames a second?
>
> "for a while" :   aprox 15 seconds
> "a little longer":  aprox 45 seconds
> Yes, about four frames per second
>
> Besides the quickcam I have a  USB epson scanner that works properly. ...
> Though I haven't tested it while the gqcam program is hanged. I'll try that
> this afternoon.
>
> Cheers
>

> --

Okay, remind me - can that model be used as a roving digital camera,
with the images then downloaded into a computer when it is reconnected?
If so, it sounds like it is taking individual images, putting them each
in a separate slot in the camera's memory, and when it runs out of that
memory, it can no longer answer the grabbing function of xawtv or gqcam.
It *shouldn't* really be running that way when functioning as a video
camera, but I haven't seen anything to switch either of them to "snap
image, transfer image, clear image" with my camera, and I suspect that
it is presently the same thing with yours :(
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org