3D Acceleration in X not with framebuffer possible?

I tried to boot up with the framebuffer and enabling the direct rendering
features for my ATI after recompiling the kernel. If i compile the framebuffer
thing into the kernel, boot up with the vga=XXX mode, the framebuffer works
great. But my system can't find any agp bridge :(

If i don't compile framebuffer into the kernel, i don't have the framebuffer
device available, but the system find my agp bridge.

What is wrong? Is there a possibility to startup with the framebuffer and always
enable the direct rendering??
Allright, i know that the boot-logo thing is a kind of playing around. But looks
nice with my logo *G

Forgive me...

Thanks for the ideas, Roman
--