Re: Searching xv package

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 04:57, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:51:14AM +0200, Francois Chenais wrote:
> > Which package can I use instead ?
>
> Maybe imagemagick, gqview, or xzgv for viewing; eeyes if you want some
> simple editing facilities as well?
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]
>

> --

An alternative, if you feel you need it, is that it can still be
retrieved as an rpm from RPMfind and installed with alien. One of these
days, I'll grab the code for eeyes or the like and revise it to make at
least the file management functions of xv easily accessible. I love
using xv for travelling through all of the images in a directory, and
deleting obsolete or *unuseful* files, or identifying damaged files.
That it automatically resizes larger images to fit on the screen makes
this review far easier.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org