Re: postfix bouncing

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 08:08:35PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
| I am trying to send mail to a localhost installation of postfix.
| Mail is rejected at the localhost smtp server with the following | in /var/log/mail.log:
| (Name service error for tacocat.net.sea.mail.core.tacocat.net: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Host not found)
| From this same box, I can do 'dig mx tacocat.net' and get a response.

Try looking for tacocat.net.sea.mail.core.tacocat.net instead of
tacocat.net.  I suspect your problem lies in how you configured
postfix because it shouldn't be looking for that really long name.

-D

I finally found this problem to be because there was a line in the postfix /etc/postfix/main.cf file which implimented a non-existent transports file. I don't know how this file got referenced. I hardle expect it was the fault of the installation (deb maintainer) as others have gone quite well before and since.

--
The only two things that motivate me and that matter to me are revenge
and guilt.