Re: no irq for pci nic

Mark Copper said:
> I'm installing stable on an x86 (Celeron).
>
> My Linksys ethernet card is getting detected, it seems, but is not
> getting an IRQ.  Lines from dmesg:
>
> eth0: ADMtec Centaur-P rev 17 at 0xd000, 00:04:5A:7B:16:C2, IRQ 0
> PCI device 'ADMtek Centaur-P' was not assigned an IRQ
> It will not be activated
>
> Maybe a BIOS problem? (in which case I apologe for the OT question).

quite possible, check to be sure any "Plug an Pray" options in the BIOS
are disabled, some bios's have an option to "Reset Configuration data" or
"Reset bios configuration" which flushes the bios and has it rescan the
hardware for cards, this helps too. If that still doesn't work try moving
the card to another PCI slot.

if that still doesn't work, then at least for the moment I am out of
ideas:) (other then try another Brand/model of NIC)

nate