Re: apm does not suspend

Andy Saxena said:
> Hi,

> It's likely that not a lot of desktop users care to put their machine
> into suspend, but I am still hoping some of the laptop users can shed
> some light on this.
>
> I have googled around, but haven't seen anything that explains this with
> any satisfaction.

one thing i could suggest is to get out of X before suspending, you
don't have to completely exit X, just swap back to the console with
CTRL+ALT+F1. One of my laptops(IBM Thinkpad T20) will not go into
suspend if I am in X, but works fine when I switch to console and
initiate a suspend. I have a toshiba laptop which doesn't experience
this.

I so rarely suspend it's not really an issue for me, but it's something
to try..

all my systems are 2.2.19 so if your using 2.4.x the behavior may
be different.

nate