Re: X: (WW) Open APM failed

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Robert Epprecht wrote:
>
> > I'm struggling with my X configuration
> > and would appreciate a hint ;-)
> >
> > woody
> > NVIDIA Riva TNT2
> > driver "nv"
> >
> > After trying out several ways to get a working XF86Config-4 my X server
> > finally starts at least... But after the mouse get's visible nothing
> > else happens.
> >
> > XFree86.0.log says:
> > (WW) Open APM failed
>
> It presumably says a lot more than that.  Mine has that line, too, but X
> works just fine.  (WW) just indicates a warning, so that's not what's
> causing the failure.  Maybe if you were to post more of the log, someone
> may be able to help.

Now that I think about it, that X behavior is what you sometimes get if
you have no window manager configured.  Do you have a ~/.xinitrc or
~/.xsession?  If so, what's in there?

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*