Re: /usr/sbin/eximconfig problem

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 02:57:57PM +0100, Martin Rowe wrote:
> Setting up exim (3.36-1) ...
> syntax error at /usr/sbin/eximconfig line 955, near "" )"
>   (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 948)

Yes, this looks like a bug to me. Actually it's bug #159213.

A workaround should be to add :'' after the " at the beginning of line
955 of /usr/sbin/eximconfig.

> I'm assuming this is a temporary glitch caused by the perl 5.8 upgrade as
> /usr/sbin/eximconfig is a perl script (and gives the same result on other
> boxes if I run /usr/sbin/eximconfig).

It fails on perl 5.6 too - it was a simple syntax error in the script,
but only affects new installs rather than upgrades which is probably why
it wasn't noticed immediately.