Re: Woody on a 486/50

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:45:43 +0200 Mirek Dobsicek <m.dobsicek@sh.cvut.cz> wrote: 8-§  > I'had the same problem on 8MB laptop

8-§  > David Sanders wrote:
8-§  > > I'm trying to install Woody on a 486/50 with 8MB RAM & SCSI CD/HD.
8-§  > > I boot with a DOS floppy, go to CD:\install and execute boot.bat.
8-§  > > Everything seems to be working until it outputs something like:
8-§  > > RAMDISK: Found compressed image at sector 0
8-§  > > Then it hangs and locks up the machine requiring a CTRL-ALT-DEL
8-§  > >
8-§  > > Any suggested remedy?
8-§  > >
8-§  > > David Sanders
8-§  > > david@sandersweb.net
8-§  > > http://www.sandersweb.net
What about the following work-around: boot with a "potato" boot disk, then apt-get -f dist-upgrade?????? for me it's the best way to reach to woody, since the minimum requirement is not reached!!! isn't it?

linuxabbestia

<<Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are!>>

 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

Please DO NOT send e-mail with any attachment in a "proprietary format", such as either .doc or .ppt, BECAUSE: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html (the Italian version is available on the following url: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html)
T H A N K S   ;-P