Re: Missing modules are working well!

This one time, at band camp, Glyn Millington said:

> Greetings!   Debian Woody (wonderful!!) 2.4.18 compiled by yours truly.
>
> Since rebuilding the kernel when I boot up I get a long list of
>
> "modprobe can't find" messages.
>
> But the modules are there and they work,or I would not be sending this
> ;-)
>
> I suspect that this means that something from my previous re-build has
> not been updated and that there is  mis-match somewhere between lists?
>

> It's just an irrittation, but if anyone could explain where the problem
> is and how to cure it, I would be most grateful.

Well, what kernel version were you using before? If it was 2.4.18, did
you move/rename the old '/lib/modules/2.4.18'? Also, did you use
make-kpkg? That gives you a dire-sounding warning if there's a
'/lib/modules/' directory for the kernel version it's installing.
You might also run 'depmod -ae' as root if nothing I said above rings
any bells.
--
Nick