Re: How to make kernel-modules-<version>.deb?

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 04:01:11PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been able to to use make-kpkg kernel-image to create a custom
> kernel .deb file from a kernel source package. All the modules are
> compiled and I tried make-kpkg modules-image but no deb file gets
> created. How do I create the modules deb file?

Any modules specified in .config get included in the kernel .deb
package.  If you have module source in /usr/src/modules, then
'make-kpkg modules_image will create a package for those modules.

> On a related note, does the kernel installer create the initrd.img?
> preinst or postinst or ?

make-kpkg --initrd

See man make-kpkg(1), kernel-img.conf(5), man kernel-pkg.conf(5) for
more information.

Bob