Re: unix2dos equivalent?

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 06:52:52AM -0400, D.U. wrote:
> What is the debian eqivalent of dos2unix and unix2dos?

Others have already showed that they are available.

If you want to use something else, you can use something like recode -
a very powerful piece of software.

apt-get install recode

"pinfo recode" to read the manual and tutorial

>From the tutorial:

recode pc          to filter IBM-PC code and CR-LF (default) to Latin-1
recode pc/         to filter IBM-PC code to Latin-1

To recode from Latin-1 to DOS you could do

recode l1..pc

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man
      hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to
      him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
                                   Revelation 3:20