Re: How to know the configuration of kernel

On  0, Jsahambi <jsahambi@iitg.ernet.in> wrote:
> Is there any method to know what modules are compiled into the kernel on
> the Debian machine.
>
> I can reframe the question: If I install the kernel-sourse and run "make
> xconfig", how do i load the configuration of the existing kernel, so
> that I can know what modules are compiled into the kernel and baased on
> that I can add more if I want.

When you install a kernel package (such as in a default install) the
config file is written to /boot/config-x.x.x where x.x.x is the kernel
version.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Not to limit itself to play in a sand vat."
	- Google translation of, "not to be stuck in a sandbox."

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au