Re: PCMCIA ethernet and Woody with 2.4.x kernel

* Pat Colbeck <pcolbeck@bashq.org>, 2002-09-05 06:15 -0400:
> It seems that with 2.4.x kernels the way PCMCIA is handled has changed. I have
> managed to get my Xircom Realport card to work with the 2.4.18 kernel that
> comes with Woody after much loading and unloading of modules and starting and
> stopping of /etc/init.d/pcmcia but every time I reboot it doesnt work and I
> have to go through the whole rigmarole again. Can anyone point me at some
> docs about how to set this up the Debian way so it works on boot ?

"Works for me". You might want the yenta_socket module and refer to
the documentation, esp.

/usr/share/doc/pcmcia-cs/README-2.4.gz
/usr/share/doc/pcmcia-cs/FAQ.Debian.gz

Also, the configuration file location of /etc/pcmcia.conf has moved
to /etc/default/pcmcia.

/usr/share/doc/pcmcia-cs/notes.Debian.gz

I hope this helps.

-Andre