viewing gzipped files "inline" with less (was Re: FW: kernel source patching)

* Russell (rjshaw@iprimus.com.au) [020831 20:30]:
> Do you use midnight commander? You can read compressed .gz
> text files without having to first unzip them.

less can do this as well from the commandline, given that the
environment is properly primed with "eval $(lesspipe)".  It can view
many different types of files.  Try it on a .deb!  Have fun.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/